Mantons of Stourport are experienced retail and manufacturing family Jeweller, Gold & Silversmiths in Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire.
- Offer expert friendly advice and good value whatever your spend
- Gold and Silver Jewellery (including Amber)
- Clocks and Watches
- Silver and Silverplate
We undertake all types of repairs in jewellery, silverware, clocks and watches, including renovating antique clocks
- Specialists in Diamond and Gem set jewellery including Re – Mounting & Re – Modelling. Chain, bracelet and bangle repairs.
- Ring resizing, re-tipping, supplying and setting gemstones.
- We also undertake Commission pieces to your design.
- All work carried out by experienced professional craftsmen either on site or at our family workshop
- On site qualified watch and clock repairs including overhauls and part jobs.
- Quartz, mechanical movement services. Glasses, buttons, dial restoration.
- Battery and strap replacement and adjustments.
- Engraving. Cleaning and polishing including rhodium plating
- Free estimates and advice.
- Insurance Quotations and all Valuations
- All items fully insured while in our possession.
- Mantons are proud to be able to manufacture any item of jewellery on site. No time wasting and expense with CAD technology, no need for waiting 6 or more weeks for orders; we can turn around within half that time.
Members of National Association of Jewellers
The Guild of Master Craftsmen
For more information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us or visit our shop.
Mantons of Stourport are 3rd generation retail and manufacturing jewellers.
After many years of successful manufacturing at his factory in Pitsford Street, Hockley, Birmingham, providing all aspects of silverware to companies all over the UK – including Garrards, Aspreys and Cartier – William Manton opened a shop at 15 High Street, Stourport-on-Severn in 1959.
William’s daughter, Sandra, also worked in the factory and helped the shop become one of the areas main providers of silverware, jewellery, clocks and watches to the general public.
David Hinton, after leaving school, studied at the Jewellery College in Birmingham and as an apprentice at a nearby manufacturer.
After meeting, and marrying Sandra he became an essential role in the shop’s business specialising in diamond re-mounting and diamond rings, taking over after William’s retirement.
The shop’s expansion in 1973, extending into Lashford’s Sweet Shop, gave Manton’s the opportunity to open upstairs and provide additional giftware to the first floor.
With a workshop on the second floor Mr Hinton was able to provide handmade gem set jewellery, not only to shop customers, but also to other retailers.
After the untimely death of David Hinton in 1980, Sandra Hinton continued the running of the business. David’s brother, Geoff Hinton, provided the necessary expertise in jewellery manufacture and repair at the shop and also his workshop in Hockley.
After taking business, jewellery and gemstone courses, David and Sandra’s son Russell joined the business in 1990.